Trays or boxes make-up belt conveyor (also called Tray portioning conveyor) saves time & labor especially for large number of served meals in hospitals, airlines catering, etc. Fig.14.2.22 shows trays or boxes make-up belt conveyor.
Fig.14.2.22 Make-up conveyor- FIMI INOX – ITALY
Fig.14.2.23 Make-up conveyor corner – FIMI INOX – ITALY
Fig.14.2.24 Power socket for serving trolleys – FIMI INOX – ITALY
- Materials; stainless steel & food approved plastics.
- Should be approved for food service.
- Belt width should match selected tray (see example).
- Length of belt depending on number of food types & number of operations. Some manufacturers can provide conveyor with desired length and others have standard lengths.
- Straight line or with corners (45 or 90o according to available space conditions considering enough spaces for trolleys & personnel, see Fig.14.2.23).
- Speed adjustability.
- Should have adequate number of weather proof electric power supply sockets to operate heated serving trolley, see Fig.14.2.24. (Consider providing of suitable size power cable during project construction as to feed power sockets in addition to conveyor motor).
- Weather proof control panel.
- Safety controls; tray limit switch, emergency stop button (on both conveyor ends), foot switches, alarms, etc.
- With or without drawers (useful in keeping of documents such as patient’s menu cards, stickers, pens, etc).
- Can be provided (as an HACCP option) with food temperature alarm system composed of sensors to be inserted in food pans in trolleys, in case of any critical food temperature, alarm will be activated to warn the operator. (See Storage equipments to know more about critical food temperatures).
- See next example.
As shown in Fig.14.2.31, a Tray make-up conveyor belt with the following features; stainless steel 18/10 AISI 304 construction, adjustable feet, Damp proof belt suitable for contact with foodstuff (FDA / USDA certification),consisting of a layer of polyurethane coated with white PVC, variable belt speedfrom 5 to 20 m/min , water proof control box (IP 65 protection degree), Push button start / stop, limit switch at conveyor end to stop tray automatically, emergency stop switch, Dims 6000 x 500 x 900 mm with 300 mm useful belt width, (available lengths also from 300 mm up to 10000 mm as standard, other lengths can be manufactured on request), 370 Watts motor power, Conforming to EEC 89/392 Directive and next updatings, provided with electric power sockets, emergency stop button at both sides of conveyor, power supply at 400 Volts, 260 kg weight, model (N6), optionally can be provided with:
Tray stop by mechanical limit switch.
Tray stop by photo electric sensor.
Start / Stop pedal switch.
Supplementary emergency STOP switch.
Electrical speed regulator
220 240 V EEC approved interlocked electrical sockets outlets.
PVC impact strip on both sides of conveyor belt.
Application of 500 x 500 mm. fixed side shelf for tray inspection.
Application of 500 x 500 mm. collapsible shelf for trays.
Mounted on 100 mm Ø wheels with pedal brake.
Conveyor serving trollies
All shown below trolleys are manufactured by “Fimi Inox” – Italy. www.fimi-inox.it
Dish trolley; is also called dish dispenser, spring loaded dishes to keep dishes on top, heated (heating of dish to avoid food temperature loss) or unheated, different capacities according to number of dishes.
Fig.14.2.26 Heated dish trolley – FIMI INOX – ITALY
- Check Kitchen service trolleys selection factors
- Material (stainless steel).
- Heated or Unheated.
- Capacity in number of dishes and dish size.
- See next example.
As shown in Fig.14.2.26, an electrically heated dish trolley with stainless steel 18/10 construction, 4 casters (2 with brakes), 4 side bumpers, 110 dishes capacity, dish diameter 210 to 285 mm, transparent dishes cover, 1 KW power at 230 Volts, thermostat control, dims 980 x 535 x 930 mm, model (EPR 2).
Tray trolley; Fig.14.2.27 shows tray trolley or tray dispenser with stainless steel 18/10 construction, spring loaded, 4 casters (2 with brakes), 4 bumpers, 150 trays capacity,model (EV 1).
Fig.14.2.27 Tray trolley – FIMI INOX – ITALY
Soup bowls, cups, and china crockery trolley; Fig.14.2.28 shows another type of tray trolley which can be used for cups, glasses, soup dishes, etc, model (ECN 52).
Fig.14.2.28 Soup bowls, glasses & cups trolley – FIMI INOX – ITALY
Bain-marie trolleys; Fig.14.2.29 shows bain-marie trolleys with 3 GN 1 trays with independent heating for each one.
Fig.14.2.29 Bain-marie trolley – BCS series – FIMI INOX – ITALY
See Self service & open buffet equipments for Bain-marie selection factors
As shown in Fig.14.2.29, a Bain-marie trolley with the following features; stainless steel construction, thermally insulated walls, 4 casters of 125 mm diameter (2 with brakes), 4 corner bumpers, suitable for 3 GN 1/1 trays, (200 mm depth), independent thermostat for each bath (3 Nos.), signal lamp, 3 x 1/2″ drain faucets, 1950 Watts power at 230 Volts, model (BCS 3)