Gate & barrier types:
Hinged gate; as shown in Fig.18.104.22.168, this is the most common type for medium to large supermarkets, one direction flow, single or double gate (Fig.22.214.171.124), mechanical or electrically operated, electrically operated is either by a photo cell (gate is opened just the customer pass through light beam) or by a radar (Fig.126.96.36.199 & 19.1.5, gate is opened just the customer reaches radar coverage area).
Fig.188.8.131.52 Emergency exit
- Gate type; turn style, trolleys gate, hinged type, etc.
- Material; mirror finished or plastic powder coated steel with different colors, with or without foam covering to prevent injury especially for children.
- Single or double door.
- Door dims in mm.
- Mechanical or electrically controlled.
- For electric type; radar controlled as to prevent complete opening in case of a child in the other side.
- Normally closed or Normally opened gate; normally closed means gate is always closed except when some body exists in radar coverage area or cut the light beam in the entry side, while normally opened means gate is always opened unless the customer attempts to leave the market through the entrance area to prevent goods losing
- With or without adjustable radar coverage area in meters.
- With or without adjustable gate opening time in seconds.
- With or without customer counter; to count actual number of guests.
- With or without an-panic feature; i.e. mechanical resistance for using gate in opposite direction and can be provided with an audible & visible alarm to invite security men attention.
- Required signs: plastic signs for; entry, welcoming, no entry, emergency, etc