Shopping baskets (Fig.184.108.40.206 & 2) and trolleys (Fig.220.127.116.11) are manufactured with wide range of options to meet different customer demands.
Shopping baskets selection factors:
- Material; plastic or steel (chrome plated or galvanized chromium steel), basket material should be according to an international or local standard for food safety & hygiene.
- Handle should be designed as to reduce stress on customer hand.
- Should be stackable to save stocking space.
- Capacity in liters (5 to 30 liters approx.).
- Is it dishwashable? (Should be easily cleaned & sanitized).
Shopping trolleys selection factors:
- Material; commonly steel (chrome plated or galvanized chromium steel or colored plastic coated); trolley material should be according to an international or local standard for safety & hygiene. Also can be manufactured of steel frame with plastic basket (Fig.18.104.22.168).
- Capacity in liters (around 60 to 200 liters).
- Load carrying capacity in kg.
Fig.22.214.171.124 Shopping trolley with plastic basket – WANZL – UK
- Should have round corners.
- Should have 4 heavy duty high quality castors (100 – 150 mm diameter) to give smooth motion with low noise.
- If moving oscillators are employed, then castors should be suitable for flat surfaces & for grooved conveyor with self brake facility to avoid slip, see Fig.126.96.36.199
Ordinary castor Conveyor castor with self brake facility
Fig.188.8.131.52 Different castor types – WANZL – UK
- Should be horizontally stackable to save parking space.
- Special trolleys; Decorative colored trolleys (Fig.184.108.40.206), Kids fun trolleys (Fig.220.127.116.11 – manufactured in different shapes to amuse children and keep them close), Trolley for wheel chair users (Fig.18.104.22.168 – can be coupled to manual or electric driven wheel chair to move as one unit), Basket trolley (Fig.22.214.171.124 – used for narrow walk ways and/or small area super markets), Trolley with integrated seat (Fig.126.96.36.199 – manufactured with integrated seat for customer rest during shopping, just the seat is used, trolley will be braked automatically actuated by customer weight).
Fig.188.8.131.52 Trolley with integrated seat – WANZL – UK
- With or without the following options & accessories:
Baby shelf Baby seat
Plastic tray Wire tray
Magnifier Fresh flower holder
Fig.184.108.40.206 – WANZL – UK
Fig.220.127.116.11 Foldable back basket – WANZL – UK
– Identification accessories, (Fig.18.104.22.168).
Carrier hook Writing board
Advertising flag pole Poster frame
Fig.22.214.171.124 Identification accessories – WANZL – UK