Materials; commonly enameled steel or stainless steel for external casing, plastic materials, aluminum or stainless steel for internal parts, plastic coated steel or stainless steel for shelves (if any).
Fig.188.8.131.52 Open horizontal display – LMC-EUROCOLD – FRANCE
- Frozen or chilled products display (a temperature range of around -18 to -25 °C for freezing type and around -2 to +8 °C for chilling type, in both cases an adjustable thermostat controls temperature as desired according to product type). As an option, some manufacturers produce displays with two separated displaying zones each with different temperature (called dual temperature, e.g. chilling & freezing).
- Display type:
- Open horizontal display; Fig.184.108.40.206, available as freezing or chiller type, freezing type is more common, suitable for frozen meats, sea foods, poultry, vegetables, processed dough (e.g. pizza), etc.
- Open vertical display; Fig.220.127.116.11, chiller type, commonly provided with air curtain(s) to reduce infiltration, suitable for displaying of dairy products, processed meats, processed sea foods, some types of vegetables & fruits, etc.
- Vertical display with glass doors; Fig.18.104.22.168, the most common use for this type is beverage bottles cooling (chiller type Bottle cooler), available also as freezing type, suitable for displaying of beverage and water bottles, fresh fruits & vegetable, dairy products, fresh meats (butcher shops), processed meats, processed sea foods, etc.
- Vertical with 4 sides’ glass; Fig.22.214.171.124, commonly chiller type for displaying of bottles or pastry products especially tarts.
- Combined open horizontal & vertical with glass doors; Fig.126.96.36.199, chiller or freezing type, suitable for displaying of fresh or frozen foods as mentioned in horizontal & vertical types.
- Horizontal with glass doors; Fig 188.8.131.52, this type is used for displaying of some frozen products especially pre-packed ice cream.
Fig.184.108.40.206 Horizontal with glass doors – LMC-EUROCOLD – FRANCE
- Horizontal with front viewing glass; Fig.220.127.116.11 , this type is used for displaying of chilled products such as dairy products, fresh & processed meats, fresh & processed sea foods, vegetables & fruits, pastry products, etc. This type is not designed for self service; customer shall be served by the super market staff, suitable for cheese shops, bakery shops, etc.
- Built-in or remote type condensing unit (Built-in means display has its condensing unit (compressor + condenser) in the same casing, remote type means display has its condensing unit outside supermarket with connecting pipes between them. Remote type is recommended for super markets where; the exhausted heat from condensing unit is increasing super market temperature which accordingly increase the air conditioning load, also remote type eliminates high noise coming from compressor and condenser fan, built-in type has larger dimensions than remote type. Built-in type can be used for small capacities and/or when there is no available space outside the super market, in this case air conditioning designer attention should be invited – see storage equipments for more information about refrigeration equipments).
- Stationary or mobile (only displays with built-in condenser can be of mobile type).
- Capacity in liters.
- With or without rigid or flexible cover or blind , for open horizontal or vertical displays, cover or curtain is used before super market closing to save cooling capacity dissipated by open infiltration especially for vertical type).
- With or without internal lamps.
- Should have temperature display (analog or digital thermometer).
- With or without adjustable level shelving (for vertical type).
- Possibility of providing over shelving (for horizontal open type, used for displaying of non refrigerated products, recommended for limited space markets).
- With or without rubber bumpers to protect against trolley shocks.
- Accessories and options; separators , false bottom , Price holder , luminous board for advertising, etc
- See general selection factors for refrigeration equipments (Storage equipments).