Neutral tables, sinks & cupboards are the simplest & most basic items in any commercial kitchen. These three items should be available in receiving area, all preparation areas, cooking area, self service area, washing area, etc.Fig.3.1, 3.2 & 3.3 are showing simple table, sink & cupboard. Cupboard can be classified as working table with under cabinet for storage of foods, cooking utensils, dishes, etc.
Fig.3.1 Simple table – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.2 Double bowl stainless steel sink – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.3 Floor mounted cupboard with sliding doors – TOURNUS – FRANCE
- Material (stainless steel 18/10 AISI 304).
- Stainless steel thickness (top is commonly from 1.2 to 1.5 mm, more thickness is better but is more expensive).
- Shape & function (wall or floor mounted, preparation, etc).
- Top reinforcement.
- Maximum load in kg/m2 (around 100-200 kg/m2 for tables & cupboards).
- Top sound insulation.
- Adjustable feet (adjustable feet is not a minor factor, they help to keep table horizontal as they compensate for un-leveled floor, or unequal expansion of legs. Horizontal, balanced work top means easy preparing of food with non-dissipated stresses (e.g. food cutting), without spillage of liquids).
- Sink number of bowls (one, two or three bowls).
- Sink bowl depth (normal or deep for pan wash).
- Fabrication workmanship.
With or without:
- Under shelf (for table & sinks).
- Upper shelf (or shelves).
- Intermediate shelf (for cupboards).
- Drawer(s) (for tables).
- Cabinet (for cupboards).
- Cabinet with sliding or hinged doors or with drawers (cupboards).
- Knife drawer (preparation tables)
- Dump hole (Fig.3.10 – preparation & dishwashing tables).
- Back splash.
- Side aprons (Fig.3.14 – especially for sinks to prevent water splash outside).
- Heavy duty mixer or shower group (for sinks, chef & fish preparation tables).
- One or two or no drainers (for sinks).
- Left or right hand drainer.
- Stand pipe drain (for sinks).
- Perforated false bottom (for sinks).
The following are some market examples shows different types of neutral tables, sinks and cupboards, manufactured by “Tournus” – France, except dish washer tables manufactured by “Dihr – Italy” – Check manufacturer directory for more information about these companies
Fig.3.4 Table with back splash – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.5 Table with PE top for food preparation – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.6 Table with two upper shelves – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.7 Wall mounted table – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.8 Wall mounted chef table with sink – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.9 Meat preparation table with Butcher block – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.10 Dump hole
fig.3.11 Table attachments – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.12 Sink with single bowl – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.13 Sink with double large bowl – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.14 Side aprons
Fig.3.15 Sink with under cabinet & sliding doors – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.16 Dishwasher exit table – DIHR – ITALY
Fig.3.17 Dishwasher linear roller table – DIHR – ITALY
Fig.3.18 Dishwasher roller table with tank & drain hole & micro switch for rack stop – DIHR – ITALY
Fig.3.19 Dishwasher 90° roller table with tank & drain hole – DIHR – ITALY
Fig.3.20 Dishwasher 90° exit motorized chain
Conveyor table – DIHR – ITALY
Fig.3.21 Dishwasher 180° exit motorized chain
Fig.3.22 Dishwasher inlet table with pre-wash sink &
dump hole – DIHR – ITALY
Fig.3.24 Dishwasher inlet grading table with
Dump hole & rack shelf – DIHR – ITALY
Fig.3.25 Floor mounted cupboards – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.26 Vertical cupboard – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Fig.3.27 Wall mounted cupboard spice traysunderneath – TOURNUS – FRANCE
Sink accessories include: Overflow stand pipe, corner strainer, false bottom (Fig.3.28 to 32 – usually manufactured by sink manufacturer). Accessories include also bottle trap (Fig.3.33) & water mixer which are manufactured by another manufacturer but can be purchased from sink manufacturer
Fig.3.28 Overflow stand pipe
Fig.3.29 Corner strainer
Fig.3.30 Perforated false bottom
Fig.3.31 Chrome plated (or PP) sink drain bottle trap
Fig.3.32 Sink accessories – TOURNUS – FRANCE