Ultra-violet type has less power consumption than hot water type (in approximate power values for the same holding capacity, lamp power for UV type will be around 20-40 Watts, while for hot water type will be around 1500 to 3000 Watts). Also UV type has an advantage that it sterilizes the entire knife (handle & blade), while in hot water type only the blade is sterilized. On the other hand, with hot water type chef can easily check that sterilization process is satisfactory operated just by measuring water temperature with built-in or hand held thermometer to be sure that water temperature is above 82 °C, while in UV type it is more difficult to check that, for example if lamp is not changed after expiration of its life time, the sterilization process will be negatively affected and can not be noticed except by a specialist.
- Material; stainless steel.
- Sterilization method; hot water or ultra-violet radiation.
- Wall or floor mounted.
- Internal dimensions; to indicate number of tools & maximum tool or knife dimensions.
- Accessories for hot water type; drain valve, thermometer, thermostat, signal lamp.
- Accessories for UV type; signal lamp, run hour meter (run hour meter is used to know actual lamp working hours to change lamp according to its life time).
- See next example.