Shelving unit is the basic equipment in dry or cold storage areas. Food service shelving units are either to be a plastic or metallic (stainless steel, chromate, zinc coated, Nylon coated, epoxy coated, aluminum)
Fig.188.8.131.52.4 Braked castors (optional) – CRAVEN SOLUTIONS – UNITED KINGDOM
- Materials; should be Food grade material – anodized aluminum, nylon coated galvanized steel, epoxy coated steel, stainless steel (preferable) or plastic (plastic is commonly Polypropylene – employed in cold stores where it is suitable for temperatures down to -30 to -40 °C. Also nylon coated, epoxy coated steel & stainless steel can be used in cold stores & freezers down to -40 oC).
- Stationary or mobile with castors (Fig.184.108.40.206.4)
- Should have adjustable shelf level.
- Possibility of holding GN containers in addition to shelves (Fig.220.127.116.11).
- Number of shelves (tiers) per unit (3, 4, 5).
- Shelf type; solid, perforated or wired (perforated and wired type guarantee proper ventilation around food product).
- Shelf load carrying capacity in kg; ranging from around 100 to 350 kg per shelf depending on shelf construction (e.g. wired shelf has bigger load carrying capacity than solid shelf) and shelf length (longer shelf has less capacity because of longer span).
- Easy assembling and disassembling without tools is an advantage (Fig.18.104.22.168).
All of above shelves are manufactured by “Craven Solutions” – United Kingdom. Check manufacturer directory for more information about this company.