This is the latest technology in the field of cooking equipments, the cooker produce a high frequency electromagnetic field which excite the molecules in cooking pan (cooking pan should be of magnetic material), this excitation increase pan temperature and accordingly cook the food, cooker top is made of special ceramic. Advantages of induction cooking are:
– Safer (no burns), cooker top will remain cold, where the heat is generated inside the pan. Top will be warmed only by heat transfer from pan.
– No electric consumption in case of no pan, even the cooker is switched on.
– Higher efficiency (80 to 90 %), than electric coil & gas burners, which means less cooking time & less energy cost.
– Comparing with electric coils & gas burners, kitchen will not be heated where the cooker top is cold which reduce A/C load.
– Fast heating up.
– Easier top cleaning (no burnt food).
And disadvantages are:
– Equipment cost is higher compared with the other two types.
– Only pans of magnetic material to be used.
– Patients with heart Pace maker should consult cooker manufacturer or their doctors before using of induction cooker. Electromagnetic field may affect pace maker (for more information visitwww.pacemakerclub.com).