Convection oven has a circulation electric fan to move hot air inside oven chamber, this type of heat transfer is called “forced convection”, heat is distributed evenly inside the oven regardless oven size and cooking is faster compared with natural convection oven. This type is suitable for roasting & cooking, of meats, fish, vegetables, etc.
Fig.7.12.2 Convection oven – COVEN – ITALY
In addition to previously mentioned oven general selection factors, the following factors should be considered:
- Counter top or free stand.
- Glass window.
- Gas or electric.
- Thermostat control (gas or electric)
- Accessories & safety controls for gas (gas safety valve, flame failure device, etc, see cooking line equipments selection factors).
- Electric controls & accessories such as thermometer, programmable or timer control, alarms, signal lamps, etc.
- Internal dimensions according to GN standard size.
- Capacity in number of GN trays (see example).
- With or without roll-in rack (roll-in cart or roll-in trolley is used to load & unload food trays rack into & from the oven – usually for large sizes)
- Power in KW.
- See next example.
As shown in Fig.7.12.2, A convection oven with the following features; Stainless steel in/outside, provided with 2 fans for strong & uniform heat distribution, double tempered glazed door, suitable for 15 GN 1/1 trays, electrically operated with 20.4 KW power at 400 Volts (3 Ph), suitable for restaurants and communities up to 200 meals, internal dims 71 x 42.5 x 94 mm, 60 mm grid spacing, manufactured under full observation of EEC security rules, external dims 97,5 x 90 x 133,5 mm, 193 kg weight, optionally can be provided with: gas operated instead of electric and/or steam humidifier and/or stainless steel stand and/or roll-in rack. Oven model is (15 ECH), manufactured by “Coven” – Italy www.coven.it