Function of this equipment is cooking of pasta (macaroni), suitable for restaurants, central kitchens in schools, hotels, hospitals, etc. Pasta cooker is composed of stainless steel water well with electric or gas heating; pasta is submerged in hot water by using of stainless steel basket for a few minutes which is enough to cook pasta.
Fig.7.7.1 Pasta cooker – BERTO’S – ITALY
- Materials (fully stainless steel AISI 304 with well of AISI 316).
- Counter top or free stand.
- Number of wells & each well capacity (see example)
- Different basket sizes that can match well (usually optional)
- Gas or electric.
- If gas, check available gas accessories & gas safety controls (see previous cooking equipments).
- If electric check electric accessories & safety controls
- Each well should have thermostat & safety cutout against low water level (electric or gas).
- Starch deposit elimination.
- Hand rail, back splash, adjustable feet, etc.
- Is it matching other cooking equipments (in case of modular cooking line)?
- Is it manufactured according to any international standard?
- See next example.
As shown in Fig.7.7.1, a pasta cooker with the following features: top surface AISI 304 18/10 stainless steel, 2 large capacity wells (40 liters each) in AISI 316 stainless steel (alloy featuring high resistance to corrosion and high temperatures), scraping system to eliminate starch deposits, with large expansion zone, under cabinet with 2 hinged doors, practical water load tap in the panel, stainless steel burners with piezoelectric ignition, pilot flame, safety gas cock with thermo couple, independent control for each well, gas power 26 KW, 40 kg/hr maximum production, temperature rise from 20 to 100 oC in 25 minutes, optional baskets with sizes GN 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/6, 2/3, overall dims 800 x 900 x 900 mm height,120 kg weight, model (G9CP80), manufactured by “Berto’s” – Italy www.bertos.com