Is also called “Cook-marie“, these names are only to differentiate between cooking bain-marie & serving bain-marie which is used in self service lines & open buffets. Either for cooking or for serving the equipment has the same idea which is heating of pan by hot water bath. Suitable for cooking of soups, vegetables, custard, etc.
Fig.7.8.1 Bain-marie – BERTO’S – ITALY
Fig.7.8.2 Bain-marie – BERTO’S – ITALY
- Materials (stainless steel AISI 304).
- Counter top or free stand.
- Size & depth mm (according to GN standard sizes, e.g. 2 x GN 1/1)
- Number of heating zones (each with separate control).
- Gas or electric.
- If gas, check gas accessories & gas safety controls.
- If electric check electric accessories & safety controls
- Each well should have thermostat & safety cutout against low water level (electric or gas).
- Is it matching other cooking equipments (in case of modular cooking line)?
- Is it manufactured according to any international standard?
- Handrail, back splash, adjustable feet, etc.
- See next example.
As shown in Fig.7.8.2, a cooking bain-marie with the following features: Stainless steel AISI 304, 1 1/3 GN capacity, 150 mm depth, electrically operated with thermostat & control knob, filling faucet, overall dims 400 x 900 x 900 mm, total power 1.5 KW at 230 Volts, thermostat control, low water level protection, etc. Model (E9BM4M), manufactured by “Berto’s” – Italy. www.bertos.com