Final proofing is the final stage before baking of several bakery products (French baguettes, loaves, buns, some pastry types, etc). Final prover or (Proofer) is a controlled temperature & humidity cabinet or chamber (according to capacity), in which the dough moulds are loaded & allowed to proof for a period of time (depending upon proofing temperature & type of dough), dough mould will rise during this period and will be ready for baking. Heater & steam humidifier are the main components of final prover.
Fig.11.15.1 Final prover – ELOMA – GERMANY
Fig.11.15.2 Final prover control panel – ELOMA – GERMANY
- Materials; stainless steel or aluminum walls (preferred stainless steel).
- Stationary or mobile.
- Roll-in rack type or trays type. (Roll-in rack type holds a complete rack(s) which is then inserted to rack oven).
- Walls should be insulated (injected polyurethane foam).
- Door lock should be opened in & outside for operator safety (for large size chambers).
- Independent or combined with oven (see ovens).
- Should have electric heater, humidifier (steam generator) & circulating fan.
- Controls; adjustable thermostat, adjustable humidistat, etc.
- With or without adjustable timer.
- With or without automatic water supply.
- Safety controls; over pressure switch, water shortage switch, visual & sound alarms, etc.
- With or without displays for temperature & humidity.
- Internal lighting.
- Door viewing glass.
- See next example.
As shown in Fig.11.15.1, a Final prover with the following features; insulated stainless steel 18/10 inside & outside walls, door with viewing glass, 16 trays of 60 x 40 cm capacity, digital display (Fig.11.15.2) with adjustment for ; temperature from 20 to 50 °C – humidity from 40 to 90 % – timer from 0 to 99 minutes, acoustic sound alarm, magnetic door lock, 4 halogen lamps internal lighting, automatic water feeding with audible and visible indication of water shortage, condensate collecting container located outside the prover, adjustable feet, optionally can be provided with wheels, 85 mm tray spacing, total power 2.7 KW at 230 Volts, weight 106 kg, dims 925 x 800 x 850 mm height, CE & VDE approved, model (ES 160), manufactured by “Eloma” – Germany. www.eloma.com