Dough mixer is one of the basic equipments in any bakery/pastry shop, no bakery without mixer either it’s a small restaurant bakery or large volume independent bakery. Bakery/pastry mixers have several types, with each type has its own characteristics. Mixer type & capacity depends on dough or product type (bread, pizza, pastry, etc), in addition to production rate of the bakery.
- Mixer type (see different types below).
- Capacity in liters or kg of dough.
- With single or more bowls (i.e. mixer can be manufactured to accept more than one bowl capacity, for example it can be provided with 2 bowls of 30 & 50 liters)
- Attached mixing tools (see examples).
- Single or variable speed.
- If variable speed, with two, three, more steps or stepless variable speed.
- With or without speed reverse device.
- Intermittent or continuous duty (check manufacturer, some mixer can not be used in continuous manner for mass production).
- Materials; aluminum or stainless steel food contact parts (stainless steel is preferred).
- Stationary or mobile mixer.
- Fixed or removable bowl.
- With or without bowl elevator.
- With or without tilting facility.
- Should have wire guard (safety grid).
- Manual or electric head lifting.
- With or without timer.
- Low voltage control circuit.
- Electrical protection degree (IP 54).
- Noise level (see examples).
- See next examples.
Twin arm mixer