After dividing dough, it should be rounded (rounding is giving dough piece a spherical shape – Fig.11.6.1). This process reduce dough piece surface area (the smallest surface area is for ball shape) also helps it to rest (see next equipment), makes it easy to get uniform shapes either by moulding or sheeting, , etc. See Fig.11.6.2
- Materials; commonly Teflon coated cast iron cone & Teflon coated aluminum track.
- Dough piece weight range in grams.
- With or without flour duster.
- With or without air blower (air stream prevents dough pieces from sticking together).
- Possibility of changing dough feeding position (see Fig.11.6.3)
Fig.11.6.1 Dough ball forming – SVEBA – DAHLEN– SWEDEN
Fig.11.6.2 Dough conical rounder – SVEBA – DAHLEN– SWEDEN
Fig.11.6.3 Dough feeding position alternatives – SVEBA – DAHLEN– SWEDEN
- Possibility of automatic feeding from divider.
- Possibility of automatic feeding to intermediate proofer.
- See next example.
As shown in Fig.11.6.2, a Conical rounder with the following features; mobile stainless steel casing with 4 castors, cast iron rounding cone (optionally with non stick coating), adjustable aluminum rounding tracks with non stick coating and plastic base plates, up to 4 meters rounding length, suitable for soft & sticky dough, optionally can be provided with;
– Kit for additional in-feed track at position 3 o’clock.
– Non stick coating on cone.
– Flour duster in stainless steel.
– Frequency controlled cone drive to optimize rounding for soft or sticky dough
– Air blower unit with hot or cold air.
Machine is suitable for dough piece weight range from 30 to 2500 grams, production rate is up to 4000 pieces/hr, 1.5 KW motor (2.8 KW if provided with hot air blower) at 400 Volts, 520 kg weight, dims 1385 x 1230 x 1510 mm height, model (CR-360), manufactured by “Sveba-Dahlen” – Sweden. www.sveba-dahlen.com